770520dc.vrn
Discussions

May 20-22, 1977, Vrndavana
Indian man (1): (Hindi) (Hindi conversation) This matter can be taken up with the authorities. (Hindi)
Indian man (2): There must be exception.
Indian man (1): I don't think. The matter leaves... (Hindi) It has to be pursued by...
Prabhupada: (Hindi) (Hindi conversation)
Indian man (1): Everybody's unsure about himself.
Indian man (2): Only the government has power.
Indian man (1): (Hindi) (Hindi conversation with scattered English) (long pause, bells ringing in background) [break]
Prabhupada: ...in that paper he wrote, "In case I die, these three men will be trustees, and the majority will be effective." So that scrap of paper, Tirtha Maharaja kept it. And later on, Guru Maharaja wanted to make a constitution, but he avoided. But actually after his demise, that scrap of paper was presented in the high-court, and property was given. That is the...
Tamala Krsna: That's... It was considered as a will.
Prabhupada: Yes.
Tamala Krsna: No need of big, formal document.
Prabhupada: He is the original founder. Automatically he wins. That's all.
Tamala Krsna: He recovered from that hernia operation.
Prabhupada: (laughs) No, and later on, he did not undergo sur... He thought then doctor... After all, everyone has got sentiment. He thought it that "The doctor has been called to kill me." So he did not undergo the hernia operation.
Tamala Krsna: He thought the doctor was paid off to kill him.
Tamala Krsna: 'Cause sometimes people were paid off to kill him.
Prabhupada: So he did not go.
Tamala Krsna: Actually you and your Guru Maharaja are the greatest enemies of modern civilization in this century, Srila Prabhupada. So many people, materialists...
Prabhupada: This is Caitanya Mahaprabhu's mission,
This is India's culture. The whole world is in darkness, and they are risking their life in the transmigration of one body to another, mrtyu-samsara-var... The rascals do not know what they are doing. They are simply taking account of few years. He does not know that he's eternal. A few years, a fragment, a pass, passing way, that's all. A passing flash. And bharam udvahato vimudhan. This is Vaisnava philosophy. This rascal... Maya-sukhaya bharam udvahato vimudhan [SB 7.9.43]. Soce tato vimukha-cetasa, maya-sukhaya bharam udvahato vimudhan [SB 7.9.43]. This is Vaisnava's concern that "These, what, rascals, they are doing?" That is Vaishnavism. "What these rascals are doing, jumping like monkey, wasting time?" That is Vaishnavism. Para-duhkha-duhkhi. These rascals do not know, driving motorcar, "ghata-ghata-ghata-ghata-ghata-ghata-ghata." He's going to fall down in the sea, but rascal does not know. He's racing with a dog. Dog is also running with full speed, and he's showing, "Oh, I have got this car. This much proud I am."
Tamala Krsna: Big dog.
Prabhupada: Big dog. And for that motorcar, so many tire tubes, so many parts, so many men engaged and money, policies and in completion, "Come here and compare with other 1970-year car." Have you seen the advertisement?
Prabhupada: All these things, this is going on. Chevrolet Company adver... "Bring other 1977 model and see what we have done." (Hindi)
Indian man (1): (Hindi)
Tamala Krsna: So Prabhupada has decided that the best medicine will be Srimad-Bhagavatam and kirtana, and no need of any doctors who've promised that "I will save your life" or anything like that. We shouldn't bring them. And no outsiders. No outsiders.
Indian man (1): No medicine for the body?
Tamala Krsna: No medicine.
Prabhupada: Whatever medicine I am taking, that...
Tamala Krsna: He's taking a little bit. Yogendra-rasa he's taking. He's tried so many medicines. That is the point. Every doctor has come, and they've each given their medicine, and he's tried them. But they don't work. This medicine always works, Bhagavatam and kirtana.
Prabhupada: Bhavausadhi.
Indian man (1): Bhavausadhi. Bhava ausadhi. The cure for the bad of materialism.
Prabhupada: Srotra-mano-'bhiramat. It pleases the ear and mind. "Oh, I am taking this nice..." Bhavausadhac chrotra-mano-'bhiramat. What is that? Ka uttama-sloka-gunanuvadat. Uttama-sloka, Bhagavan, glorification of His activities. Virajyeta vina pasughnat: [SB 10.1.4] "Those who are pasughna, except them, who can avoid this medicine?"
Indian man (1): (Hindi)
Prabhupada: (Hindi)
Tamala Krsna: Prabhupada will come and he'll sit in front of Krsna-Balarama every day for a couple of hours, and he's calling some of his, all the devotees here. They'll be here. No... Perfect medicine.
Prabhupada: No, he's calling all the GBC, all the GBC.
Tamala Krsna: All the GBC men, we're calling them.
Prabhupada: So there is no hurry. Go on with your respective duty. That's all. All right. Now you can...
Devotees: Jaya Srila Prabhupada. [break]
Prabhupada: The system of management will go on as it is now. There is no need of changing. The money which is in my personal name in different banks, that is being spent for the society, and it will be society property. In this connection a few deposits, which is allowing some pension to the members of my former family, may not be touched. That's all, two points. Hm? What do you think? So...?
Tamala Krsna: What can I suggest?
Prabhupada: Hm.
Tamala Krsna: That in regard to the three temples, Mayapura, Bombay and Vrndavana, you should designate who you want the trustees to be.
Prabhupada: That I shall do.
Tamala Krsna: And in regard to the money which is held in your name, which will be used for the society, that should also be... Your signature should be given as a power of attorney to two or three other persons.
Prabhupada: That's all.
Tamala Krsna: Other than that, you already formed the Mayapura-Vrndavana Trust. Everything is there.
Prabhupada: That's all right.
Tamala Krsna: BBT is there.
Prabhupada: These are the points.
Tamala Krsna: And I have the numbers of your fixed deposits, so when you mention the former family members, we can specify which deposits they are.
Tamala Krsna: So they'll be no misunderstanding.
Prabhupada: That is also lifetime.
Tamala Krsna: In their lifetime, not beyond.
Prabhupada: And after the demise the money belong to the society.
Tamala Krsna: Society. That means the deposits will remain intact, and simply the interest will be given as a monthly stipend.
Prabhupada: Yes. (pause)
Tamala Krsna: Right now the interest is being given to M. M. De and to your...
Prabhupada: Wife, M. M. De and Vrndavana, that's all.
Tamala Krsna: Those three. So we can mention that also, their names. And after their lifetime then the full amount and interest can be given back to the society.
Prabhupada: This will be my will, and some of you will sign. That's all. That is sufficient.
Tamala Krsna: Yeah. I'll make up a rough draft and keep it. If you ever want to, I can show.
Prabhupada: That will...
Tamala Krsna: You can also add to this that "Any properties which I own in my name..."
Prabhupada: That also...
Tamala Krsna: "...are society's..."
Prabhupada: Belong to the society.
Prabhupada: Belong to the society.
Tamala Krsna: Yes. And you can again either have those... Same persons who were power of attorney to your signature can handle those properties, sign on your behalf if anything is required. I think the only place where there's properties in your name is in Mayapura, so far I know. I remember you... I originally purchased the land. I think I purchased in your name.
Prabhupada: So you have to decide how to manage very nicely. Otherwise will is also given.
Tamala Krsna: So far calling the men here, you actually feel... You said this morning there are two things: surviving or preparing for departure. But actually you are feeling that, the latter, and how all of the GBC cannot be called. I think they...
Prabhupada: So let... Let them come and be present.
Tamala Krsna: Let them come?
Prabhupada: Yes. I have no... I have no objection.
Tamala Krsna: They'd want to come. (long pause)
Prabhupada: Hm? What you are thinking?
Tamala Krsna: I was just thinking that... I was remembering in Gorakhpur, Hari Prasad Podhar. So I was thinking that when Krsna wants His devotee to come back to Him, then it seems like He gives the devotee notice. But it seems like you're... I mean, when you were in Bombay you were hoping very much to recover. Seems like you're not... You know... That will seems not to be so strong as it was then, maybe because there's been so many... You've made such a effort to get better and it still hasn't improved. So how long one can keep trying like that?
Prabhupada: Therefore I do not wish to leave Vrndavana.
Tamala Krsna: Yeah.
Prabhupada: If by Krsna's desire I survive, then we shall see later on. Otherwise...
Tamala Krsna: One thing I feel is that if a lot of these devotees, good devotees, come, that seeing them will also... I mean, there's no doubt, if Krsna wants you to survive, that there's lots of good work that can still be done. That's for sure. So much, of course, has... Everything you've given us is complete, but if Krsna likes, then still more could be done. And I think that seeing these devotees will be enthusing. You said, everything depends on utsaha, enthusiasm. So enthusiasm for living also depends on nice association of nice devotees. So if these devotees come, you may feel enthusiastic. Maybe encouragement. 'Cause they're not going to accept very easily that you should not be present.
Prabhupada: I think this cooler keeps the whole block...
Tamala Krsna: Oh, it does. It does. I keep the wooden doors separating your room and my office open, and my room is quite cool. Only a curtain is there. Air blows through.
Prabhupada: So let it go on like that.
Tamala Krsna: Actuallyof course you don't want itbut if that other one is also turned on the whole bottom floor will be very cool. And the kus(?), when they put that inall these windows will have kusthen you will not know that you are in summer season. In fact, you won't even want to go upstairs at night. It'll be so cool down here. Of course, upstairs is good because open air.
Prabhupada: The nail cutter, can you...? You know how to cut?
Tamala Krsna: I don't know how to use the tool that you use. The kind I use is a different thing.
Prabhupada: What is that?
Tamala Krsna: Well, it clips, and I think you use a knife of some kind.
Prabhupada: No. You have got that clip?
Tamala Krsna: Yeah, I have a clipper.
Prabhupada: That will be...
Tamala Krsna: When do you want it done?
Prabhupada: Oh, any time.
Tamala Krsna: After you wake up? Take rest now.
Prabhupada: Just see. Here it is cooler or there?
Tamala Krsna: It's much cooler... It's cooler in this room. It's more airy and it's cooler. Because that cooler is on. You hook up that other cooler in there and you'll get just as cool.
Prabhupada: No... [break] (end)

Link to this page: https://prabhupadabooks.com/conversations/1977/may/discussions/vrndavana/may/20/1977

If you Love Me Distribute My Books -- Srila Prabhupada